Wednesday, December 15, 2010

L2 STANDSTAY & L3 TRICK (BACK)

L2 STANDSTAY


L2 STANDSTAY - 1of2

STANDSTAY is a pretty new behavior for Nad as he only recently got STAND. 



L2 STANDSTAY 2of2
Here we continue with STANDSTAY and he holds position even with distractions of kibble being kicked across the floor to the other 2 dogs laying down and the phone ringing.




L3 TRICK (shaping BACK)


Yesterday at our Mentoring at MAH we worked on L3 TRICK shaping BACK.  I thought Nad was getting confused with all the c/t for any movement of the paw as he was previously shaped to back when I was trying to shape him to STAND.  We talked about trying it at home with just clicking for backing and see what happens.  So, we did.  I did start him with clicking for any movement to get him in the game.  AT one point he seems to get a little confused so I started c/t again for any movement other than forward.  Then he got the idea again. 



2 comments:

  1. Look at him go!!!!
    I might make the session a little shorter next time. Give him a short break to think it over while you get up an go to your treats to reload instead of having them in the chair beside you.
    AND.....after he gets into the rhythm again, why not ask for a "two-fer" and see what happens?
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, Those stands are beautiful! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete