Class-MAH-7/22/10
L1-Out of Crate
Doing L1 behaviors right out of the crate to help with Focus and concentration.
LL Step 1 - Sitting
This was after Lynn suggested that I hold on to the clasp (I was dropping it to treat) since he was starting to move with my hand movement. I like how Nad was still In The Game with me even with the dog barking in the room.
LL Step 1 - Standing
I should have spent some time doing some L1 behaviors as Nad was not In The Game until about 38.
LLW to the Car
I was pleased how Nad stayed focused and ignored Gunner when we were by the car.
Nad Gets a Message Break with Mark
Every good dog deserves a good message - thank you Mark!!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice work! It is really impressive how the dogs have gotten to where they can work so close to each other now! Such great progress to show for your work!
ReplyDeleteGreat work, Jan! I really liked seeing in the third video when you were doing Step 1 while standing that you put your clicker/treat hand behind your back and out of Nad's sight. When you were doing the exercise seated your right hand was visible and moving and became a distraction for Nad. Maybe I was particularly aware of that when watching because I saw the very same thing watching my video of Step 1 with Lily. Sue wrote back to remind me that there are no distractions in Step 1. Of course, doing it in class provided a zillion distractions! Talk about coaching!!! We use our Flips as coaches. We are coaching each other in person now. And then we get coached again here in our blogs!!! This was Nad's "working birthday blog". Happy Birthday, Nad.
ReplyDelete