Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LL Step 4 - stray dog-7/28/10

LL Step 4 w/Stray Dog - 7/28/10

This morning Nad alerted us that there was a strange dog by our gate. After I convinced this friendly guy to come hang in our kennel until the Animal Control could come out (as he had no tags on and the poor guy had a hurt paw), then it hit me...TRAINING OPPORTUNITY!!

I had worked Nad just a little before I thought of flipping it. What a perfect opportunity to bring out the frozen peanut butter. I added the cue "Lets Go" probably more for me than for Nad. So that when we get into situations, I will also have a verbal cue for me :)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely EVERYTHING about this video is wonderful! That you have the pb frozen in your freezer and ready at a moment's notice is wonderful. That you "seized the moment" and turned the arrival of the stray into a training moment is wonderful. The way you used Chutes and Ladders as we did in the mentoring session is wonderful. Nad's response is wonderful. Your timing is wonderful. Peanut Butter is wonderful. EVERYONE needs to watch this.

    ReplyDelete