Friday, May 14, 2010

Distractions - Gardners

Distractions - Gardeners a


Nadador had been reacting to the gardeners previously so this was a big step for him. When I had him Down is when he barked, so I took him away for a 60 sec Down.




Distractions - Gardeners b


This was immediately after the 'time out' period. When he would start to look at the person behind me, I would say 'Yes' and treat him. You can see he really gets that. I only put him in a very brief Down since that was uncomfortable for him previously.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, you are the master with the camera! Wish I could stay in frame like that!

    The training part was great too!. Pretty soon Nadador is going to LOVE the gardeners! I like how you took Nadador away when he got ever so slightly over threshold ( the woof) then gave him a chance to succeed not asking for the down but a sit ( less vulnerable position) and then when you did ask for the down allowed him to get up quickly so again he was successful! Great thinking on your feet, or planning ahead, either way great training!

    ReplyDelete