Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sit Challenge 5/27/10

Sit Challenge 5/27/10




I did help him. I didn't understand that they were supposed to get there all by themselves. Guess I was thinking of the Vet Visit we did at the clinic and thought it was ok to help him up on a few. Here are a breakdown of the items:
Settee – he jumped
Chair – he jumped
Dining table- he jumped from chair to table
Little square stool – he jumped on two that I held together and steady as they have rollers, then I moved one as he sat on one
Outside bench – he jumped
Little stool – I helped
Knee chair – I helped so he didn’t get his leg stuck
Dryer – I put him up (I thought it was good that he would stay on the slippery surface so similar to a Vet's table
Treadmill- he walked up
Recumbent bike – he jumped up
Chaise lounge – he jumped up
Hot tub – I put him up
Sling rocker – jumped up
Fire pit – he jumped up
BBQ island – I put him up
Hose cabinet – he jumped up

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely WONDERFUL! You have epitomized the "Sit Challenge". Is there anywhere this dog won't sit? The small stool is my very favorite....with his tail hanging down the other side. And the very best part was hearing you giggle in enjoyment. Ian Dunbar would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynn,
    I thought maybe I "cheated" by helping him up on a couple things...I was quite impressed with how good his balance is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the recumbent bike the best because the seat is at an angle making it seem weird to the dog. The stool being so small is also high on my list because he has to balance and tuck his sit. It was all good! The very best part was how relaxed Nad looked!

    Jan you are so much like me, worrying that you cheated because you helped Nad onto a few things. It isn't a jump challenge is it? But I can be so legalistic in my thinking! I thought the same thing until I read your post and then I thought, that's ok! Because I had perspective when I wasn't "in the picture!" It still isn't automatic to remember that whenever helping is in the interest of teaching the dog to be successful that isn't cheating that is good training! I want a "default" understanding of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Sheila!
    "Whenever helping is in the interest of teaching the dog to be successful, that isn't cheating - that is good training!"

    ReplyDelete