Great work Jan! This is such an important behavior, especially with 3 dogs :-) I noticed in all three of your manners videos, that when you call them or release them you always call/release Samantha first, then Casey then Nadador ... what happens if you change the order?
I can change the order, and I do at times. I like to use this order most of the time as that is their hierarchy. I'll change it for you in some other videos :)
Jan, I love your quiet voice! I can see from your videos your level of consistency! When you change your order do you choose a criteria to determine which dog gets to go first as the "treat"? Or do you just randomize for proofing? Something else? How do you do it most often? I am always curious about what other trainers do!
Sheila, I usually do the order that I want the dogs order to be: Sam being my #1 and Nad being the baby. Other times the one who sits first (or whatever other behavior I want) will get to go first.
Great work Jan! This is such an important behavior, especially with 3 dogs :-) I noticed in all three of your manners videos, that when you call them or release them you always call/release Samantha first, then Casey then Nadador ... what happens if you change the order?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI can change the order, and I do at times. I like to use this order most of the time as that is their hierarchy. I'll change it for you in some other videos :)
ReplyDeleteJan, I love your quiet voice! I can see from your videos your level of consistency! When you change your order do you choose a criteria to determine which dog gets to go first as the "treat"? Or do you just randomize for proofing? Something else? How do you do it most often? I am always curious about what other trainers do!
ReplyDeleteSheila,
ReplyDeleteI usually do the order that I want the dogs order to be: Sam being my #1 and Nad being the baby. Other times the one who sits first (or whatever other behavior I want) will get to go first.