Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Challenge-Park Zen-6/29 & 30/10

CHALLENGE-PARK ZEN-6/29 & 30/10

Part 1
We just got to the park and I had him get on the wall to watch. He had only walked through this side of the park one time a few weeks ago.



Part 2
Nadador starts to settle down. This video was taken directly after the first one, I just set the Flip down. There was quite a bit more video that got corrupt somehow. It shows him just hanging out, getting more and more relaxed. I found that there were many times I was clicking AS I was treating him in those videos. There was also a part that shows I had to block a little boy from running up to him.




6/30/10 - Part 1
I went back to the park to get some more video since the last one got corrupted. In part of the corrupted video was a piece that showed him doing a low growl and little woof where we did some good LAT work.
His tail is relaxed even though he is very alert.



6/30/10 - Part 2
He started offering to put his head down (one of our favorite shaping behaviors), so I went with it.



and some more shaping...




We went for a walk after hanging out on the wall. If you look closely between the garbage can and tree by where I turn around, there is a little white dog tied up there. Don't let that small, cute thing fool you. He may have been small, but he acted like Cujo! I used the high value cheese for a smooth pass by. Later, not flipped, we went up the stairs right next to him (again, this is the optimal time for cheese).






An overview of the part of the park we were at. We were at the wall where all the kid and chaos were going on...

2 comments:

  1. These are really good examples of threshold work....having Nad elevated is a great idea; letting him just be exposed to the activity and the sounds without asking him to do more is a great idea, too. I do have a question. What was behind YOU? Was the camera pointed at the majority of the activity? I wondered that because Nad kept looking over both shoulders. On your next visit (and I'm sure there will be more!) would he be more relaxed if he were facing the majority of the activity (assuming he wasn't). Could you pick up this park and children and bring them all with you to our mentoring session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was activity all around us. The second clip was only the first small section of an 8 minute video that showed that he really settled into it.
    There also may have been a dog walking around behind us at that time. I can go back and face him the other way and see :)

    ReplyDelete