Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oceanside Harbor Coaching Session-6/15/10

This was Nadador's third time to Oceanside Harbor

Criteria:
  • To keep the dog below threshold while increasing distractions
  • Loose leash first and foremost!
  • Be aware of where your dog is and adjust accordingly

OH-Car L1-6/15/10
We started with some L1 in the car to settle and focus Nad. Zen was done with adding Distance which you can't see as I'm off camera.
In reviewing the video I can see I need to work on:
  • Waiting until Nadador is finished chewing before I ask for another behavior :)
  • Stop clicking when asking for linked behaviors until the link is complete



OH-Asphalt Zen w/Distance-6/15/10
I can see that the time spent there has paid off as his attention during this Zen is much more then we had previously.



Challenge: Got Leash?
I tried to connect the following three videos into a movie and it didn't work, so they are:
video 1: A quick scan of the park showing a couple with a dog in the distance and then a silver lab behind us when we started working.





While working on Got Leash in the park, I had to remember my criteria and just work on the leash and not worry about his little woofs




Got Leash Challenge at OH





Challenge: Where Can Your Dog Rest?
This was the first time we had been in this area.
I think the name of this challenge should be changed to "How high can your dog raise his rear?"

1 comment:

  1. Lots of good coaching going on at these sessions! It's fun to watch the dogs progress in your Flips. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete