L2:Surfaces - 6/21/10
This video is of the total session. I had not worked Nad on the board for quite some time. My criteria was 4 paws on the board. I started shaping him with 2 paw and he quickly went to 4. I thought he retained the information very well. I noticed that I missed a couple of clicks and then one time clicked inappropriately at 2:55 when he had just moved his rt back foot off the board. I really thought the "tail in the air" posture was adorable and had to control myself not to change midstream to shape that :)
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice session! I agree. The tail in the air posture WAS adorable! You missed two great chances at 44 and 103. By the time you got to 249 he was beginning to almost be walking regularly but good for you maintaining your original criteria! What sort of distance did you have on the right end of the board? If you had been able to toss the treat off of the END of the board on that end (like you were successfully doing on the left end) you could have let the tossed treat lure him off the end of the board. Again, a good session and ready to raise the criteria to clicking while have all 4 on the board and moving! Nicely done!
ReplyDeleteLynn,
ReplyDeleteGreat eye... there was furniture towards the right end of the board so I was restricted as to how far I could toss the treat.